CLICK TO LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
* Welcome to the 27th episode of the Boss Girl Creative Podcast!! In Today’s episode, Carly and I discuss how to pitch brands.
* Have comments or questions? Tweet/IG using the hashtag #BOSSGIRLQA or call in: (707) BOSS-GIRL
* Support Boss Girl Creative endeavors by joining the BGC Crew!
* Join me in the Facebook Group on Wednesday nights at 9pm CST for a live Q&A answer session!! Send me your questions through email, phone or #BOSSGIRLQA on Twitter/Instagram
* Want a direct link to the podcast feed? Click here.
* Use these Hashtags on Social Media: #bossgirlcreative #bossgirlchat
* Pitching Brands
* Brands pitching bloggers
* Your Ideal Reader…Your Target Audience
* Components of a standard pitch
“The big thing is to take the middle man out. To take the blogger network out of the equation.” Taylor Bradford”When you are working with the brand directly, you also have more flexibility in terms of length of the contract, focus. You are really able to tailor a campaign to your audience versus a campaign that a company has gone to a network and paid to have 50 bloggers participate in. So you can really be sure it’s perfect for your readership versus everyone else in your niche.” Carly Anderson”If it doesn’t make sense for your brand, there is no point in pitching them.” Taylor Bradford”It’s going to end up being one of those posts that is difficult to write. [one that doesn’t fit with your brand or is a stretch]” Carly Anderson
“You have to always be careful with how you say no to the brand.” Taylor Bradford
“If you have the perfect blogger for what they are looking for, recommend them.” Taylor Bradford
“It’s a matter of what they have to offer and when they are able to pay.” Carly Anderson
“Looking at it as an opportunity to pitch what you can do, is the best way to go.” Carly Anderson
“Nobody wants to work with that rude girl.” Carly Anderson
“Identify the brands that you most want to work with. That most aligns with your community and your brand. And go after those companies and those brands. As long as there is a mutual benefit to the two of you, it’s probably going to work. Most likely. Unless you are pitching to the moon or something.” Taylor Bradford
“It’s important to come up with who is your customer.” Taylor Bradford
HELP SPREAD THE BOSS GIRL LOVE!
It would be amazeballs if you shared Boss Girl Creative Podcast with your fellow Boss Girls on Twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If you love this podcast, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave a rating, a review and subscribe!
WAYS TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BOSS GIRL CREATIVE PODCAST
Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via Boss Girl Creative Newsletter
Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions and leave your comments by either calling (707) BOSS-GIRL, emailing email@example.com or go to the Boss Girl Creative Facebook group!